In 1937, Gilbert built a large building over the Carousel structure and called it the Seaside Heights Casino.
In 1948, John Fitzgerald and John Christopher bought the property. In 1959 John Christopher passed and John Fitzgerald bought the full rights.
In 1960, John Fitzgerald’s son-in-law Ken Wynne took over operations. Ken Wynne expanded the pier eastward and added many rides including the pier’s first major roller coaster “The Wild Mouse” Wynne leased out sections of the pier to other operators.
In 1963, America’s first Himalaya ride was installed.
In 1964, the original Skyride was installed. It took you from the pool area to the east end of the pier. The Skyride was building by a Wildwood, NJ company (Universal Design).
In 1965, the pier was expanded 320 feet out.
On June 10th 1965, a wind whipped fire consumed a huge portion of the pier in including the Wild Mouse. The pier was opened within weeks with temporary rides.
In 1966, many new rides were added such as a new Wild Mouse, Himalaya and Sky Diver.
In 1969, the Anton Schwarzkoph masterpiece Jet Star roller coaster was added.
In 1975, Casino Pier added the United States first Enterprise ride.
In 1979, Casino Pier added the Luv Bugs (Mack designed) indoor/outdoor roller coaster. Originally called Broadway Trip which operated at Palisades Amusement Park, Cedar Point and then Canadian National Expo. Luv Bugs was re-themed to Wizards Cavern in 1988
In 1982, the original Casino building would change forever allowing Ocean Terrance to connect with it’s north section.
In 1982, Ken Wynne partnered with Bob Bennett.
In 1982, the Skydiver ride fell on top of the Himalaya during a violent thunderstorm. Folks where clear of the area and there wasn’t any injures.
In 1982, Water Slides were added to the swimming pool. Park was named “Splashdown”.
In 1987, Water Works water park was opened in place of the swimming pool.
In 1997, The (Reverchon) Log Flume was added.
In 1999, The Wild Mouse (Miler) was added
In 2002, The Jet Star (Miler) replaced the Star Jet
In 2002, Bob Bennett sold Casino Pier and Water Works to the Storino family
In 2003, the Stillwalk Manor, Centrifuge, and Rock & Roll rides were introduced on Casino Pier.
In 2004, Water Works was remodeled and opened as Breakwater Beach.
In 2007, Pirate’s Hideaway Coaster opened up as the replacement coaster for the Wizard’s Cavern
In 2010, the Floyd Moreland Carousel turned 100 years old. Cake from Carlos Bakery (TV’s The Cake Boss) was made depicting the carousel.
In 2011, the waterpark celebrated their 25 year anniversary.
In 2012, Breakwater Beach replaced the original Single Tubes ride (25 years old) with Two if By Sea.
On October 29, 2012, Casino Pier suffered significant damage from the effects of Superstorm Sandy, losing over 200′ of its’ northernmost section. Several rides (The Music Express, The JetStar roller coaster, The Centrifuge, The Stillwalk Manor, and the Log Flume) were lost to the Atlantic Ocean. The Centrifuge building housed other rides and components that were also lost.