Property- Breakwater Beach Waterpark
Job Title- Aquatic Manager
Contact Person- Christine Scherm ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Rate- Starting at $16
Responsible for the front and backend of the aquatic’s daily operations. To watch and support lifeguard staff and supervisors. Create schedules of lifeguards and aquatic supervisors, check daily timesheets, uniform inventory, run morning in-serves, instruct training classes, and oversee the park.
Principal Duties and Required Skills-
- Must have a flexible schedule including morning, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- The Employee must interact with guest enthusiastically to initiate a meaningful connection.
- Swim 200 yards continuously and in a comfortable fashion.
- Swim down 6 feet, retrieve a brick and swim it to the wall.
- Pass the written and practical tests. Which include Rescues, CPR and First Aid.
- Attend 4 Hrs. of In-service per month.
- Ensure the correct and safe dispatch of guest proper intervals on slides, provide crowd control for que lines, stacking and/or inflating of tubes, and distribution of ride vehicle to guests.
- Participate in NASCO audit process.
- Train Staff in procedures, methods, and techniques of NASCO operations
- Must have Proficient Knowledge of:
- Procedures, methods, and techniques of lifeguarding instruction
- Emergency Procedures
- Practices and techniques of CPR, automated external defibrillator (AED), First Aid, and Oxygen Administration.
- Must have the Ability to:
- Think Clearly and act quickly and decisively in emergency situations while remaining calm, supervise, organize, and assign, train, evaluate and review the work of staff.
- Interpret and explain Breakwater Beach policies and procedures.
- Communicate clear and concisely, both orally and written with varying age groups.
- Prepare clear and concise reports.
- Make decisions and use independent judgment.
- Be respectful, consistent, and fair and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Multitask and be flexible in approaching solutions.
- Be self-directed, show initiative and demonstrate a dedication to the position.
- Provided corrected discipline to employees when necessary.
- Be able to maintain proper staff for the day.
- The Employee must be able to use and instruct others to use Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must have knowledge to use chair lifts.
- Ensure proper rotations and breaks for lifeguards.
- Perform necessary first aid as needed.
- Ensure lifeguards are preforming their duties efficiently and safely.
- Complete Audits and rotation reports throughout the day.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
Education / Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Willing to work to become a NASCO Instructor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities-
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- The Employee must have knowledge and understanding of policies and standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant software application including MS Office, excel, PowerPoint, zoom.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the day.
- The employee must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to push, pull, and carry 150 plus pounds in the water.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be working outdoors and are exposed to all types of weather and are exposed to loud noise throughout the day.
Expected hours of work-
Due to the nature of this business, we require that employees are available to work a varied schedule. We require that you be available to work weekends and holidays from May to September.